Mycelium is a network of fungal threads that present as white fuzz and can look similar to mold, but is completely safe to eat.
We occasionally get questions from folks about seeing “white spots” or “fuzzies” on their mushrooms - don’t fear, that’s just mycelium!
Mycelium on your mushrooms is:
- 100% safe for human consumption
- A sign of super fresh, healthy mushrooms. You can think of the mycelium as something similar to the root system of a plant.
- Has no effect on taste!
THIS IS TOTALLY SAFE + NORMAL! :)